Bidder map from recent auctions. We ship items across the country and worldwide.
Northern Kentucky Auction, LLC is a full-service professionally licensed auction company located in Independence, Kentucky. Doug Garner has been providing outstanding auction results for his clients in the sale of real estate, estates, antiques and all kinds of personal property since 1986. We can handle all types of auctions in a live on-site or off-site auction as well as online auctions here at NorthernKentuckyAuction.com.
Doug Garner was licensed in Kentucky in 1982 as a real estate sales associate. In 1984 he qualified for his Brokers License and managed his first office in Florence, Kentucky. In 1986 he passed the apprentice Auctioneers exam and over the next three years completed the requirements to become a Principal Auctioneer.
Over the last 40 years, Doug has become a leader in the real estate community throughout Kentucky. In 2001, he was named “REALTOR of the Year” by the Northern Kentucky Association of REALTORS. Currently, he is the principal broker of CENTURY 21 Garner Properties and principal Auctioneer at Northern Kentucky Auction, LLC.
- Real estate sale by auction is an innovative and unique method for completing real estate transactions. This process often accelerates the sale process, exposing a property to numerous buyers in a short period of time. Offers clients and customers new selling and purchasing options
- Buyers come prepared to buy
- Quick disposal reduces long-term carrying costs, including taxes & maintenance
- Assurance that property will be sold at true market value
- Exposes the property to a large number of pre-qualified prospects
- Accelerates the sale
- Creates competition among buyers—auction price can exceed the price of a negotiated sale
- Requires potential buyers to pre-qualify for financing
- The seller knows exactly when the property will sell
- Eliminates numerous and unscheduled showings
- Takes the seller out of the negotiation process
- Ensures an aggressive marketing program that increases interest and visibility Source: Auctions: The Basics and the Benefits, (National Association of REALTORS®)
Antiques and Estate Auctions
We can liquidate your estate quickly and efficiently by offering the items up for bid and selling them to the highest bidder. If you can think of it, it can be sold. Entire households are put up for auction. We can also auction business-related items and equipment. Acting as an executor of an estate can be an overwhelming responsibility with 100’s of hours of your time invested, an auction may be the best alternative with the least amount of hassle. We offer complete estate sale services and can drastically reduce the amount of time and responsibility it would normally take the executor to complete the estate sale process. We are Certified Estate Specialist by the National Auctioneers Association.
Farm and Construction Heavy Equipment
In addition to on-site auctions, we can facilitate the sale of assets either solely online or in conjunction with a real-time auction conducted on-site. If you have a business or farm that is still in production or are selling assets from multiple locations, an online auction may be a good fit. By appointment, bidders can inspect the equipment and do their due diligence prior to the auction. An online auction provides bidders the ability to bid and buy from the convenience of their home and office, providing the seller with a wider range of bidders.
Types of Auctions
- Industrial Auctions – Liquidating industrial assets is a key business function for many companies. We can work to provide solutions for businesses of every size.
- Machinery and Equipment Auctions – It is common for businesses to have surplus machinery and equipment. Rather than having your assets sit idle, let Northern Kentucky Auction help auction your equipment to the highest bidder, bringing value and liquid cash you can invest in other areas of your business.
- Commercial Real Estate Auctions – We provide auctions that commercial real estate property owners and developers can sell and bid on, and assets may include factories, warehouses, and office buildings, among other properties.
- Industrial Plants
- Collector cars
- Luxury homes
- Storage units
- Seized assets
- Sports memorabilia
- Historic documents
- Celebrity memorabilia
- Municipal and government property
What We Sell at Auction
- Real Estate Single-Family Houses
- Real Estate Multi-Family
- Real Estate Farms and Land
- Real Estate Commercial
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Heavy equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Charities and benefits
- Estate sales
Awards and Recognition
- 2014 President of the Northern Kentucky Multiple Listing Service
- 2010 Director Northern Kentucky Association of REALTORS
- 2000 REALTOR of the Year – Northern Kentucky Association of REALTORS
- 2001 President – Northern Kentucky Multiple Listing Service
- ePro – Certified Internet Professional, from the National Association of REALTORS
- Certified Estate Specialist, from the National Auctioneers Association
- REALTOR, National Association of REALTORS
- Member of a the National Auctioneers Association
- Member of the Kentucky Auctioneers Association